Credit Libanais' Business Principles
We Serve: We deliver superior customer service. We gain customer satisfaction with service that exceeds customers' expectations.
We Act: We are action-oriented and encourage personal initiative. Can do and Will Do are basic attitudes of all employees.
We Perform: We grow productivity each year. Ethics and Profit per employee are key measures for Bank performance.
We Improve: We embrace change. We continuously seek better problem solutions for the customer and the Bank.
We Cooperate: We function as a team. Cooperation among individuals and units is fundamental in delivering the whole Bank to the customer.
We Communicate: We are open. We encourage continual dialogue across all units and levels.
We Empower: We emphasize delegation. Acceptance of personal accountability permeates our corporate culture.
We Build: We continuously upgrade our skills. Commitment to self-development and training are cornerstones of our competitive advantage.
We Respect: We value each other's ideas. We treat colleagues fairly, sincerely and courteously regardless of differences in background.
A Journey of Continuous Success and Achievements
- 1961 Establishment of the Bank
- 1977Acquisition of Continental Bank
- 1994Acquisition of both First Phoenician Bank and Capital Trust Bank
- 1996Launching of the investment banking arm of the Group through the majority owned subsidiary "Credit Libanais Investment Bank"
- 1996 First issuance of Euro CD listed on international markets by a Lebanese bank
- 2000Acquisition of the operations of American Express Bank, Lebanon
- 2004 Issuance of $50m preferred shares
- 2004 Acquisition of ISO9001:2000 Certification for Quality Management System
- 2005 Issuance of three-year Euro CD listed on international markets
- 2005 Launching of Islamic banking operations in Lebanon through the Bank's subsidiary "Lebanese Islamic Bank"
- 2006 A capital increase of USD 102 million by existing shareholders
- 2006 Implementation of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan for a total consideration of 5.7% of the Bank's common shares
- 2006 Winning of the Golden Pan Arab Corporate Website Award
- 2007 Opening of Bahrain Branch
- 2007 Changing of affiliated leasing company Credilease into a Lebanese financial institution
- 2009 Successful management by the Bank, with Credit Suisse & Byblos Bank, of the 2009 Republic of Lebanon voluntary exchange transaction for a total consideration of some USD 2.3 billion
- 2010 Opening of the fully-owned banking subsidiary Credit International sa, Senegal
- 2010 Acquisition by EFG Hermes Group of a controlling majority in the Credit Libanais. Issuance of USD 75 million Subordinated Bonds maturing in January 2018
- 2011 Best in category: Social and Economic Award for Housing Loans
- 2011 Social Media launching
- 2011 Best Website Awards granted to affiliates: Hermes Travel and CISA (Senegal)
- 2011 PCI DSS compliance for subsidiaries Netcommerce and IPN
- 2012 Launching of operations in Iraq (Baghdad and Erbil)
- 2012 Migration to the core banking system, equation, across all branches of the Group
- 2013 Increase of CL Tier One capital by 18.28%, through the issuance of $100m preferred shares
- 2013 JP Morgan Elite “Quality Recognition for Outstanding Achievement” Award
- 2013 Cross Knowledge Special Award in the Best e-learning Category
- 2013 World Finance “Best Commercial Bank” Award
- 2013 World Confederation of Businesses “Peak of Success” Award
- 2013 First e-payment services for built property taxes and first e-payment services for the Order of Engineers and Architects in Beirut
- 2014 Winning of prestigious awards by Citibank, Deutsche Bank and Standard Chartered Bank
- 2014 Opening of Adlieh and Jal el Dib branches
- 2014 Social Economic Award (SEA): The National and Social Impact Award
- 2015 Relocation to the landmark newly built Headquarters Tower in Adlieh
- 2015 Winning of the prestigious Awards for STP by Citibank and JP Morgan
- 2015 First bank in Lebanon to be fully compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)