Credit Libanais' Business Principles
We Serve We deliver superior customer service. We gain customer satisfaction with service that exceeds customers' expectations.
We Act We are action-oriented and encourage personal initiative. Can do and Will Do are basic attitudes of all employees.
We perform We grow productivity each year. Revenue and Profit per employee are key measures for Bank performance.
We Improve We embrace change. We continuously seek better problem solutions for the customer and the Bank.
We Cooperate We function as a team. Cooperation among individuals and units is fundamental in delivering the whole Bank to the customer.
We Communicate We are open. We encourage continual dialogue across all units and levels.
We Empower We emphasize delegation. Acceptance of personal accountability permeates our corporate culture.
We Build We continuously upgrade our skills. Commitment to self-development and training are cornerstones of our competitive advantage.
We Respect We value each other's ideas. We treat colleagues fairly, sincerely and courteously regardless of differences in background.
50 Years: A Proven Track Record of Value Creation
- 1961Establishment of the Bank
- 1977Acquisition of Continental Bank
- 1994Acquisition of both First Phoenician Bank and Capital Trust Bank
- 1996Launching of the investment banking arm of the Group through the majority owned subsidiary "Credit Libanais Investment Bank" First issuance of Euro CD listed on international markets by a Lebanese bank
- 2000Acquisition of the operations of American Express Bank, Lebanon
- 2002Issuance of the second tranche of three-year Euro CD listed on international markets
- 2003Issuance of the third tranche of three-year Euro CD listed on international markets
- 2004Issuance of cumulative Preferred Shares maturing in2011. Acquisition of ISO9001:2000 Certification for Quality Management System
- 2005Issuance of three-year Euro CD listed on international markets.Launching of Islamic banking operations in Lebanon through the Bank's subsidiary "Lebanese Islamic Bank"
- 2006A capital increase of USD 102 million by existing shareholders.Implementation of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan for a total consideration of 5.7% of the Bank's common shares.Winning of the Golden Pan Arab Corporate Website Award.
- 2007Launching of banking operations in the Kingdom of Bahrain.Turning of affiliated leasing company Credilease into a Lebanese financial institution.
- 2009Successful management by the Bank, with Credit Suisse & Byblos Bank, of the 2009 Republic of Lebanon voluntary exchange transaction for a total consideration of some USD 2.3 billion
- 2010 Opening of the fully-owned banking subsidiary Credit International sa, Senegal.Acquisition of EFG Hermes Group of a controlling majority in the capital of Credit Libanais. Issuance of USD 75 million Subordinated Bonds maturing in 7 years - Transaction over – subscribed.
- 2011Best in category - Social and Economic Award for Housing Loans. Social Media Lauching. Best Website Awards granted to affiliates: Hermes Travel and CISA (Senegal). PCI DSS compliance for subsidiairies Netcommerce and IPN.